Bible Union Church was organized in 1866. The first known church building was a log structure, which was located on Shady Grove Road. The church was later moved to the location on Bible Union Road between Hyndsver and Shady Grove communities and a one-room frame building was erected on land donated by Mr. Elvis Lamb.
Very little is known of the early history of the church as most of the older records were destroyed when the home of a church clerk burned.
The church voted to organize the first Sunday School at the regular business meeting on March 7, 1925 with Bro. V.P. Prince, pastor, acting as moderator and A. M. Parham serving as church clerk.
In 1956, under the leadership of the Lord and with the guidance of Pastor Gerald Green, the church was built which is now being used. Total costs, including furniture was $19,626.67. Some labor and material was donated by members, neighbors, and friends of the church including the local National Guard Unit who dug the basement.
Many additional improvements have been made to the church through the years, including a complete renovation of the worship center in 2001, which enlarged and enhanced the ministry of the church. A family life center has been built lately which provides much potential for outreach for the church.
The church is located northeast of Martin, at 2852 Bible Union Road, Martin, Tennessee 38237 and had a membership of 472 in 2001.